Friday, August 17, 2012

My artistic side

So I guess by the blog title it is pretty clear I’m a mom and after reading my last few posts I’m sure you are able to tell I am a huge lover of DIY but, I’m not sure that I have mentioned that I am an artist as well. 

Of the many mediums available, I enjoy paint the most.  I’m a whimsical artist and most of what I do is geared towards children.  I never really knew I was an artist until well into my adulthood.  I guess sometimes you just don’t really know what your talents are until you stumble upon them due to happenstance. When my children were born, I started painting for them.  Just a few fun little projects that turned into conversation pieces, which led to discussions about selling, which turned into orders, and eventually became the beginnings of a business.

I have taken a bit of time away from the painting business right now because of mommyhood.  Unfortunately my 2 year old doesn’t think painting is a good use of my time and makes it very difficult for me to work.  It’s very hard to concentrate, be creative, and craft small details with a toddler around making sure I am giving all of my attention to her and no one else (not even her older sister.) I am confident that I will be able to get back to working more as she gets a little older. 

Here are a few samples of some of the projects I have painted.




















No comments:

Post a Comment