Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Let's Party!


Things have been so busy that I really haven’t had a chance to post about my little girls second birthday party. So while this blog comes a little late, I know you will forgive me… you know you will too… I think.

Being 2, she is really into farm animals so a Barnyard theme seemed to be the perfect way to go.  Those of you who know me, are well aware that I love to paint so when it comes to my daughters, I cant help myself from making about a thousand hand painted decorations for their parties.

Making your own is a great way to save money, it is completely personalized, and your guests will love it! Now I’m well aware that a lot of you will say “I’m not an artist” but perfection does not have to be your goal.  Buy a big pack (usually 10 sheets) of poster board for around $5, craft paint for about $1 per color, wrapping paper rolls, paper towel or toilet paper rolls, your household scissors or an x-acto knife, hot glue or school glue, and pretty much anything else you have around that you can think of. BAM! You have all the makings of some great party décor. Just check out some of the things I was able to put together by simply cutting out the shapes I wanted and painting some simple designs on them!
Pin the tail on the Cow
Sunflowers
Cute Chicken
A bunch more
Apples!
Drink station sign

Now thanks to Pinterest and the amazingness of the rest of the Internet, I got some great ideas for everything from water bottle labels to party favors! Here are some of the things I came up with.

Centerpieces
Napkin rings
Water Bottle Labels
Milk Jug Party favors
Ice Cream cups for our "build your own sundae bar"
Carmel Apples
Did I mention I'm into cake decorating too? :o)

The best part of it all… I spent very little money and the party looked like a million bucks! 







No comments:

Post a Comment