Monday, November 19, 2012

Five


Tomorrow my sweet baby girl will be turning 5. I must have my math wrong because it just couldn’t have been that long ago. Yet, I cannot remember what my life was like without her in it.

Often times, before I was a parent, I tried to imagine just what it would be like when I became one. I thought my kids would be babies for such a long time.  The prospect of raising children into adulthood frightened me so much.  My own childhood seemed so long and it felt like it would be a million years before I grew up.  Now that I am an adult, I’m watching the years fly by and my children are growing far quicker than I could have even dared to dream.  Now, rather then being frightened about how long childhood will be, I am terrified knowing that it will never be long enough.

As I sit here, I am reminded of just what it felt like on this night 5 years ago.  It really was the most painful thing I have ever experienced and complication after complication made it the most difficult thing I have ever done.  But then, at 1:42 am she was there and none of that mattered.  She was so tiny and soft.  I smelled her sweet little head and couldn’t stop giving her kisses.  I can still feel her there in my arms. I had never felt so complete. I suppose time is something you can always count on.  It will keep passing faster with each day.

My baby, my sweet baby, is turning 5.  I will always be thankful to God for choosing me to be her mommy.  She is a beautiful, smart, amazing little girl who was born to shine.
Happy 5th birthday my little darling! I love you infinity!

















No comments:

Post a Comment